FY 2012 Work Plan (March 2011 — February 2012)
- Assist the planning function of Valley towns, including support for municipal plan rewrites and rewrites of regulatory documents related to river corridors, wildlife habitat, housing, etc.
- Continue regular meetings of zoning administrators, conservation commissions, Selectboards, and other municipal officers within the three towns.
- Continue exploring decentralized wastewater options throughout the MRV.
- Serve as Rural Resource Commission Coordinator
- Develop 2011 Data Report
- Continue to analyze potential Data Report changes
- Participate in the various energy related initiatives and groups in the Valley, while exploring Valley-wide projects. Focus on developing MRV-centric energy planning initiatives and community-scale renewable energy projects.
- Organize energy conversations with an eye towards developing an energy vision.
- Implement MRV Trail Collaborative
- Finalize inventory of town recorded trail segments
- Enhance work of MRV Transportation Advisory Committee
- Explore transportation funding options for key corridors
Forest Wildlife Communities Project
- Participate in Steering Committee dedicated developing a community land use and conservation vision for forestland and wildlife habitat in the MRV.
- Coordinate mapping efforts and build-out analysis.
UVM Service Learning Course
- Lead third annual UVM service learning class project focusing on furthering a variety of MRV initiatives.
- Participate in discussions and identify options to enhance elements of the MRV food system.
Mad River Path Association/Mad River Valley Byway
- Work closely with the Mad River Path Association to complete the Path from Moretown and Warren, including path location & grant work.
- Collaborate with ongoing Byways initiatives.
Memorandum of Understanding
- Work with Steering Committee and Sugarbush to update ’98 MOU.
- Collaborate with the Mad River Housing Coalition to implement strategies in the Mad River Valley Housing Report from June 2006, including Valley Affordable Land Initiative and assisting towns to meet regional housing thresholds.